Shane Anderson Outstanding Member Award
This award was created to honor IEA members who share Shane’s commitment to and passion for public education and the work of the Idaho Education Association and shall be awarded to a member or members for outstanding and dedicated service to his/her local and state education associations.
SHANE ANDERSON OUTSTANDING MEMBER AWARD
Shane Anderson was a teacher and association leader from Middleton, Idaho. Shane was committed to public education. That commitment shone in her passion for teaching and involvement in the Association. The Shane Anderson Outstanding Member Award was created to honor IEA members who share Shane’s commitment to and passion for public education and the work of the Idaho Education Association.
Guidelines for Selection:
- The award shall be presented to a current and active member for outstanding and dedicated service to their local and state education associations. (21)
- The award shall be limited to one award annually.
- Nominations may come from individual members, groups of members, local associations or IEA Regions.
- No more than one nominee will be accepted from any one source.
- The Awards Subcommittee of the Board of Directors will screen nominations submitted to the Board. The awards subcommittee shall make a recommendation to the Board of Directors at its winter meeting. The Board of Directors shall act upon the recommendation at that meeting.
- The award shall be given annually at the IEA Delegate Assembly.
- The award shall be given only if an acceptable nominee is selected.
- Information about the Shane Anderson Outstanding Member Award shall be published at least once each year.
- The award shall consist of an appropriate individual plaque, the name engraved on a perpetual plaque displayed in the headquarters office, and payment of the IEA state membership dues for one award recipient for the ensuing year.
- Non-IEA Delegate Assembly delegates shall receive reimbursement per current IEA Policy to attend the IEA Awards Ceremony at Delegate Assembly. (07,16,17, 18)