MONICA BEAUDOIN RETIRED AWARD
Monica Beaudoin was an advocate for students, teachers, ESPs and public education. While a teacher in the Lake Pend Oreille school district she successfully ran for the Idaho House of Representatives, serving two terms. She gave up her seat in the legislature when she was elected as IEA President, serving four years. Monica championed many causes and projects as an IEA member and was instrumental in launching the IEA Children’s Fund. After her term as IEA President and after retirement, Monica remained very active in the Association. She served on both the IEA and NEA Board of Directors for many years as a retired representative and was active in the North Idaho Education Association Retired Chapter. Monica spent her entire career advocating for children and public education, and her contributions will long be remembered.
Guidelines for Selection:
- The award will be given to a current IEA-Retired member.
- The nominee is an outstanding retired member who has supported the IEA Retired program through innovative projects, advocacy, membership recruitment, contributions, and/or leadership.
- The award shall be limited to one award annually.
- Nominations may come from individual members, groups of members, local associations, retired chapters or IEA Regions.
- No more than one nominee will be accepted from any one source.
- The Awards Subcommittee of the IEA Board of Directors will screen nominations submitted to the Board. The awards subcommittee shall make a recommendation to the Board of Directors at its winter meeting. The Board of Directors shall act upon the recommendation at that meeting.
- The award shall be given annually at the IEA Delegate Assembly.
- The award shall be given only if an acceptable nominee is selected.
- Information and nomination form for the Monica Beaudoin Retired Award shall be published at least once a year.
- The award shall consist of an appropriate individual plaque on which the name of the recipient shall be engraved. (99)
- Travel shall be allotted to the award recipient per current IEA per diem to attend the IEA Awards Ceremony at Delegate Assembly. (07,17)