Champion of Education Award
This award will go to a person or persons who have made a special and unique contribution to the cause of education over an extended period of time and particularly in the last year within the purview of their job.
Guidelines for Selection:
- The award shall go to a person or persons who have made a special and unique contribution to the cause of education over an extended period of time and particularly in the last year within the purview of their job.
- The award shall be limited to one award annually.
- Recipients should be outside the education community or profession or persons within the profession who have gone considerably beyond the normal expectations of professional assignment.
- Nominations may come from individual members, groups of members, local associations, or IEA Regions.
- No more than one nominee will be accepted from any one source.
- The Awards Subcommittee of the Board of Directors will screen nominations submitted to the Board. The awards subcommittee shall make a recommendation to the Board of Directors at its winter meeting. The Board of Directors shall act upon the recommendation at that meeting.
- The award shall be given annually at the IEA Delegate Assembly.
- The award shall be given only if an acceptable nominee is selected.
- Information about the Champion of Education Award shall be published at least once each year.
- The award shall consist of an appropriate plaque on which the name of the recipient shall be engraved.
- Travel shall be allotted to one award recipient per current IEA per diem to attend the IEA Award Ceremony at Delegate Assembly. (07,17)