- This event has passed.
IEA – R8 – Excelling as a Building Representative – Nampa, Idaho
October 21, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
This opportunity is made available to all Building Representatives and Exec Team members for IEA Region 8 local education associations. Please note that this training is intended for both novice building as well as experienced building reps.
Develop a plan to engage members and non-members in your buildings
Learn interest-based, collaborative problem solving techniques in dealing with difficult issues and conversations
- Learn and practice skills to be an effective leader in the school setting
- Understand best practices for communicating with fellow educators using multiple means
- Become familiar with the laws, policies, and contract provisions that govern the work of educators
- Learn best practices for running effective meetings and disseminating information in meaningful ways
Participants should bring the following items:
- An updated list of all staff in your building
- An updated list of all members in your building (preferably an electronic list)
- A copy of your district’s Master Contract
* Two (2) NNU Credits Available ($120.00)
* Light breakfast & lunch will be provided
* Additional Questions: Please contact Tricia Waltner in the WeROC office at firstname.lastname@example.org.