Idaho Education Association is seeking members who are interested in leading the profession by exploring the training process, supporting other educators by training, and assisting in developing expertise by creating training on timely topics. Selected participants will have the opportunity to learn to create and conduct adult training, and some will be invited to train others in this process. To be considered for this professional learning opportunity you need to have taken the Train the Trainers course. Please submit your digital application, resumé, and one letter of reference to email@example.com by the APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 1st, 2021.
What will the IEA do for you?
- outside professional development opportunities including development of your NEA Leadership Competencies
- provide the materials and support
- professional evaluation and feedback
- stipend, mileage, meals, and accommodations, if needed
Expectations for a member of the IEA Center for Teaching and LearningTrainer Cadre:
- Three-year commitment
- attend an initial Train the Trainers Course to develop your skills as a trainer
- create an initial presentation and train at the IEA Summer Institute.
- refine your skills as a trainer at a mid-year meeting, typically held in November
- suggest topics that are appropriate for IEA training
- refine and create additional training on topics identified by the IEA
- if appropriate adapt your initial training to an online environment
- be prepared to do training at various locations upon Center for Teaching and Learning request
- present at the IEA Summer Institute
- update and refine the IEA Trainer Cadre training
- continue to participate in IEA Summer Institute
- Actively reflect on your training evaluations during the scheduled meetings
- Continue to participate in IEA training as your schedule allows