Business Membership Associate
Idaho Education Association is looking for an organized, detail-oriented business membership associate based in our Boise headquarters location. The successful candidate must be trustworthy, courteous, have excellent time management skills and possess the ability to work independently as well as in a team setting. Preference will be given to those candidates that exhibit strong basic bookkeeping, reconciliation, and billing skills. Other duties include maintaining complete and accurate records and assisting with routine administrative duties. The superior candidate should be a skilled researcher with strong communication and computer skills. To succeed in the position, commitment to providing efficient, reliable support to members, affiliated local education associations and internal department staff is key.
Job Function & Purpose
The person in this associate staff position, under the supervision of the Director of Business and Finance, primarily processes and records daily cash receipts and membership transactions of the Idaho Education Association (IEA) and the IEA Children’s Fund, and further assists fellow Business Office team members in conducting other business and membership functions, as assigned by the Director of Business and Finance (DBF).
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of clerical or secretarial experience. Completion of academic college course work, or vocational technical school may substitute for up to 1 year of experience.
- Academic bookkeeping training or one (1) year of bookkeeping experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Self-directed; able to finish projects within timelines and without direct supervision.
- Ability to learn advanced computer operations and electronic banking processes.
- Effective verbal and written communication skillsStrong bookkeeping skills, especially accounts payable and receivable, record keeping.
- Process and record IEA and IEA Children’s Fund daily cash receipts
- Work with business office team members and region associates to ensure proper setup for collection and processing of dues, including the use of electronic funds transfer.
- Work with business office team members, local leadership, school districts, and region associates to maintain current membership records.
- Perform periodic membership and dues accounting and recording functions (e.g. monthly dues billings, dues refunds to locals, FYMP, EFT failure follow-up, membership dues and EFT PAC contribution cancellations, etc.).
- Prepare, process, and follow-up on miscellaneous billing issues (e.g. retiree insurance reimbursements, NEA vouchers, personal staff expenses, rent collections, BEA and MEA reimbursements, etc.).
- Prepare and record periodic transfers between IEA accounts.
- Prepare routine periodic and year-end reports for cash receipts and membership, as well as non-routine reports, as requested by the Sr. Accountant and the Director of Business and Finance.
- Maintain an organized workplace by regularly filing cash receipts and membership support documentation.
- Assist IEA leaders and staff in the development of membership solicitations, campaign materials, and correspondence.
- Assist IEA staff by providing membership reports and forms, as requested.
- Assist with accounts payable functions, as assigned.
- Assist with date stamping and distribution of daily business office mail.
- Assist with the administration of payroll and employee benefits records.
- Assist in answering phone calls coming into the headquarters office.
- Maintain confidentiality of IEA financial and HR/benefits records.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the opening and a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.