Tucked into the hills of North Idaho about an hour’s drive south of Coeur d/Alene, St. Maries is a quintessential timber town. With a population of roughly 2,400, it is home to many of the kind of people you might expect—hard-working, salt-of-the-earth, looking-out-for-their-neighbors kind of folks.
2017 IEA Elections
NEAToday: News and Features from the National Education Association
- Oklahoma educators win state legislature seats
- Historic US Senate wins help advance public education, women
- MA, GA residents choose students, public schools over charter schools
- North Carolina, Montana and Utah gubernatorial victories bode well for students, public schools
- Thwarting a school takeover scheme: Milwaukee educators show how it’s done
The IEA Children’s Fund has been helping students and families in need for nearly 20 years and has distributed more than $1.5 million for basic necessities like food, clothing, shelter, and medical treatment.