National ESP Day Honors Our Amazing Classified Staff
- Several local associations put together tokens of appreciation for their classified staff as recognition of National ESP Day. In Region 1, NIEARC (North Idaho Education Association Retired Council) spearheaded Operation Cookie Drop and stuffed 500 cookie packets for classified staff in Coeur d’Alene elementary schools.
Working For You Archive
The Kootenai EA has now finalized their first Master Agreement in seven years! After 225 days of bargaining, the members and the district both ratified the deal last week. This is such an inspirational accomplishment and evidence of what locals, even smaller ones, can achieve through organizing and unifying. Congratulations especially to Kootenai EA President Michael Stroh and negotiations team member Shelley Bresnan, who (with able assistance from Region 1 Director Denise Cobden) were able to bargain for Master Agreement that includes:
- A defined workday and additional compensation for non-teaching duties.
- Daily prep time with reimbursement for lost prep time.
- Additional advancement on the salary schedule for education credits and/or a master’s degree.
- Thirty days notice for a mandatory teaching reassignment.
- Agreement on a grievance procedure.
Kudos to the Kootenai EA for their perseverance in moving toward their first bargained master agreement in seven years. At a recent bargaining session, the local came to a verbal agreement with the district, with plans to solidify matters through a signed tentative agreement.