Get ready! The IEA Summer Institute is back with an online platform in 2021. The IEA’s marquee professional development event, Summer Institute operates under the auspices of the IEA’s Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL). The 2021 Summer Institute will take place July 28-31, with registration now open.
Six primary session strands will inform, challenge, and entertain attendees.
- Leadership and Mentoring. Learn how to be a leader in the classroom, in your building, and in your profession.
- Trending Ideas and Leading Research. Delve into resources and concepts that will help your students learn and grow.
- Classroom Basics. Improve your classroom performance, student engagement, and ability to think outside the box.
- Tricks of the tech trade for effective instruction online or in the classroom.
- Self-preservation. Take care of yourself so you can take care of others. It’s all about you.
- Union Strong. Discover the power of our collective voice.
Sessions are led by IEA members and staff. Earn up to four college credits.
Be sure to catch our keynote speaker, IEA member and 2017 NEA Foundation Excellence in Education Award winner, Sonia Galaviz. She will be addressing the challenges of being educator in these difficult times and the responsibility of educators to influence education policy decisions.