Each month from September to May, the IEA awards $50 to eight new teachers for materials or supplies in their classroom. Here are comments from two previous winners:
“I bought an external hard drive to enable me to backup student files, as well as my own. We had a catastrophic melt down of our server and lost grades, some of my files, and student files back in January, so I felt this was the best use of the monies. Thanks so much for the funds.”
Steve Ostrom, Post Falls Middle School
“Since I won $50 COLD HARD CASH from IEA, I have decided to subscribe to the School Health Alert newsletter, which is a compilation of the latest research that relates to school nursing…My keeping up to date on medical information benefits all the students and staff members who come to me with their health concerns…
Thank you for having the cash prize drawings! It is a great morale boost to win. Plus, it is always beneficial to belong to the professional organization that represents so well those who work in Idaho’s public schools.”
Mary Dennis RN, BSN, Centennial and Willow Creek Elementary
The IEA COLD HARD CASH winners for May 2010 are:
- Jodi Hobbs — Preston Education Assn.
- Melissa McClure — Firth Education Assn.
- Matthew Krumm — Kuna Education Assn.
- Jennifer Walker — Idaho Falls Education Assn.
- Kirsten Schvaneveldt — Grace Education Assn.
- Brandon Crain — Shelley Education Assn.
- Josh Sanders — Melba Education Assn.
- David Kronemann — Lewiston Education Assn.
This will be the final drawing for the 2009-10 school year.
Look for your chance to win COLD HARD CASH beginning in August, 2010.