There are few, if any, teachers who are more qualified to discuss agriculture education than Marc Beitia. He founded the ag ed program at American Falls High School more than two decades ago and has been at the helm as it has grown and evolved ever since. Marc is highly respected by his peers in agriculture education and is the current Idaho Teacher of the Year.
We sat down with Marc for this IEA REPORTER podcast, where he shared his insight on topics such as…
- The importance of a reciprocal relationship between business and education
- Balancing classroom instruction with hands-on experience for ag ed students
- What skills and training are needed for the next generation of agriculture education teachers
- The increased reliance on technology in agriculture
- The necessity for interpersonal skills in the agriculture workplace
- What urban dwellers need to know about agriculture education
Thanks to Marc Beitia for lending his time and expertise to our IEA REPORTER podcast series. We hope you enjoy listening.