Local Lobby Days
January – March 2023
The IEA has seen the benefits of having teachers in the Capitol year after year with Lobby Day. Face-to-face conversations with legislators are our most powerful tool for improving policy outcomes for our schools, colleagues and students. Local Lobby Day is your opportunity to spend a day talking to legislators with members from your local. Local association leaders have selected the dates you see below. Over those two days, members from your local will join IEA staff for lobbying training and conversations in the statehouse. This is important work that could change the shape of public education in Idaho. We hope you will join us!
Local Lobby Day Dates
West Ada EA – January 22nd-23rd
Vallivue EA and Caldwell EA – February 5th-6th
Lapwai EA – February 12th-13th
Gem County EA, Cassia County EA, Idaho Falls EA – February 19th-20th
Jerome EA, Nampa EA, Lewiston EA, Moscow EA – February 26th-27th
Boise EA, Parma EA – March 5th-6th
Wendell EA – March 12th-13th
Kuna EA – March 19th-20th
Local Lobby Day Training | Sunday, 4:30 pm-6:00 pm | IEA Headquarters, Boise
Lobby Day | Monday, 8:00 am-4:00 pm | IEA Headquarters, Boise
If you live farther than 50 miles from IEA’s Headquarters: IEA will reimburse a one-night hotel stay (For the Sunday only, checking out on the Monday after your local lobby day), in the amount of $147.00 ($166.11 incl taxes).
- You are required to make your own hotel reservations.
- Hotel reservations must be made two weeks in advance of your stay.
- The IEA will reimburse you up to $147 per night plus tax.
- Hotels should be reserved for the Sunday night before the Local Lobby Day.
- IEA will cover the lesser of either mileage or airfare.
- AIRFARE: Economy Airline tickets must be purchased 14 days in advance of travel. IEA will only reimburse up to the cost of a 14-day advance purchase airfare from the major airport nearest the attendee’s home.
- MILEAGE: If you are driving, the IEA governance reimbursement rate is $0.585 per mile roundtrip. Please try to carpool with other leaders from your region if at all possible.
PER DIEM CHECKS
Request your reimbursement at idahoea.org/per-diem at least one week prior to the meeting to have your check ready at Lobby Day. Otherwise, it will be mailed to your home address after Lobby Day.