Tucked into the hills of North Idaho about an hour’s drive south of Coeur d/Alene, St. Maries is a quintessential timber town. With a population of roughly 2,400, it is home to many of the kind of people you might expect—hard-working, salt-of-the-earth, looking-out-for-their-neighbors kind of folks.
2017 IEA Elections
NEAToday: News and Features from the National Education Association
- Rural schools prepare for budget devastation only Congress can reverse
- Next for #BlackLivesMatterAtSchool – challenging systemic racism in Seattle schools
- Time to choose: Clinton and Trump offer vastly different education visions
- Spurred by students and educators, California legislators pass law to protect Sikh, Muslim and South Asian students
- In an anti-immigrant election season, defiant educators build a bridge for America’s undocumented students
The IEA Children’s Fund has been helping students and families in need for nearly 20 years and has distributed more than $1.5 million for basic necessities like food, clothing, shelter, and medical treatment.