The Education Excellence Task Force
Dozens of policy changes affect Idaho’s public schools each year, but these changes do not always result in the best outcomes for students.
Teachers, as education professionals, are best positioned to identify critical education priorities and propose important solutions to strengthen teaching effectiveness and improve student outcomes.
Therefore, the 2012 Delegate Assembly directed the IEA to organize an Education Excellence Task Force to study and prioritize critical education issues and make recommendations to the IEA.
The task force will be comprised of current classroom teachers, special education teachers, education support professionals and a university liaison, who excel in the field of education, are leaders in the profession, and who are willing to engage the Association, policymakers and the public in the important dialogue of change.
Education Excellence Task Force Members
- Erin Lenz, Coeur d’Alene. Teacher of the Year 2012, primary school teacher with 16 years experience.
- Ingrid Spence, Moscow. M.Ed, NBCT, U of I Liaison, Teacher of middle school English, 24 years teaching experience
- Jason Vlcek, Payette. Elem/GT certification, 13 years primary education teacher
- Darlene Dyer, Hailey. NBCT. 33 years experience teaching English
- Angela Gillman, Idaho Falls, primary school teacher with 16 years experience
- Lesley Hollister, Boise. Elem/Secondary Certified, 16 years experience teaching middle school
- Matthew Bundy, Mountain Home. MA, Secondary Certification, 8 years experience teaching high school; BSU Adjunct Instructor of Political Science; Brigham Young
- Janette Duarte, Idaho Falls. 48 credits Bilingual Ed/Early Childhood, 7 years experience Education Support Professional
- Emilie Cornell, Bonneville, 6 years teaching math to secondary students
- Alison Hauri, Boise. M.Ed, Special Education, 10 years teaching experience
- Jan Studer (co-chair), 30 years experience teaching middle school history and art
- IEA President Penni Cyr (co-chair), M.Ed, NBCT, Media Specialist and primary and secondary teacher, 28 years teaching experience