POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: (1) REGION ASSOCIATE for Twin Falls and (1) REGION ASSOCIATE for Idaho Falls
The Idaho Education Association is seeking (2) Region Associate staff members to serve in the Eastern Idaho Organizing Center (EIOC).
The persons selected for this half-time position (one half-time position located in Twin Falls and another half-time position located in Idaho Falls) will act as the receptionist, answering phones, making meeting, workshop and travel arrangements, maintaining office inventory, keeping record of financial expenditures, setting up and maintaining manual and computer files, opening and distributing mail and preparing and posting outgoing mail for the three UniServ directors assigned to the 52 local associations in Regions 4, 5, and 6, which comprise the EIOC.
The successful candidate should have a passion for the work of the Association, be self-directed, be able to maintain positive and effective working relationships with others, be proficient in the use of computer programs for database, word processing, and other typical office equipment operations. In addition, the successful candidate must have impeccable oral and written communication skills.
Salary and Benefits
The salary and benefit levels will be in accordance with the negotiated agreement between the IEA and the IEA Staff Organization.
Applications will consist of a letter of interest, a resume, and a list of at least three references and should be submitted to:
Robin Nettinga, IEA Executive Director
PO Box 2638
Boise ID 83701
Or via email to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
REGION ASSOCIATE STAFF – qualifications and abilities
High school graduation or equivalent. Two years of clerical or secretarial experience. Completion of one academic year at a college, or vocational technical school may substitute for one year of experience. Successful completion of a high school office practices curriculum may substitute for six months of required experience. Possesses a valid drivers license.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Office skills including: telephone techniques, proficiency in Microsoft Word/Windows (current version), punctuation, spelling, English usage, composition, proofreading, filing, math and bookkeeping, office equipment operation.
- Prioritize duties; serve as liaison between Region Director and members; develop a working knowledge of the Association.
- Perform assigned duties independently.
- Effective working relationship with others.
Any or all of the following duties:
- Acts as receptionist; answers telephone, sets up/maintains manual and computer filing system, opens and distributes mail; prepares and posts outgoing mailings.
- Types, prepares and/or duplicates reports, materials, minutes, correspondence, and brochures/flyers, as directed.
- Maintains region office inventory; keeps record of region financial expenditures.
- Makes meeting, workshop and travel arrangements as assigned.
- Makes delivery and pick-up of materials as necessary.
- Serves on committees; attends meetings as assigned.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
Supervisor: IEA Manager of Administrative Services