Vacancy Announcement: Associate Executive Director
The Idaho Education Association is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Associate
Executive Director. The purpose of this position is to provide supervision, management and
coordination of staff and Association resources to develop and implement organizational programs.
Posting Date: August 4, 2017 Closing Date: until position is filled; applicant screening will begin on September 8, 2017
The candidate must have attained at least a Bachelor’s degree in an educationally-related or other appropriately relevant field. Master’s degree or equivalent is preferred. An understanding of organizational development theory is essential.
- A minimum of three years’ experience with UniServ staff work.
- Demonstrated successful experience in organizing.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Proven managerial or supervisory skills.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General Management: Assist in the general supervision, management, and coordination of staff functions and assignments. Act as the manager of UniServ and Region Associate staff, providing guidance, direction, and evaluation. Develop a team environment where staff works cohesively to achieve Association objectives. Provide support necessary for staff union bargaining, and manage the implementation of employment agreements.
- Governance Support: Provide support and assistance to Association leaders to ensure accomplishment of Association goals.
- Membership Management: Manage the implementation of an effective membership recruitment, retention, and engagement program.
- Capacity Building: Assist in the administration and oversight of Association programs to build local association capacity, including managing the development and delivery of programs, and achievement of organizational goals.
- Leadership Training and Development: Oversee and manage IEA Presidents’ meetings, IEA conferences, state and /or NEA designed leadership training and information programs, and the procurement of college credit for Association training, as needed.
- Staff Training: Assist in oversight and delivery of relevant, ongoing professional development for staff.
- Other: Perform other appropriate duties as necessary, approved and assigned by the Executive Director.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to analyze problems and conditions, make decisions, and manage programs and personnel
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with groups and individuals
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to influence and motivate others
- Demonstrated writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to administer quality training opportunities for members and staff
- Ability to provide leadership in the development of statewide organizational priorities
- Ability to withstand pressures of complex and demanding situations
- Ability to travel extensively
- Commitment to advocate the interests of public education and education employees
- Knowledge of organizational development and change theories
The Associate Executive Director reports to the Executive Director.
SALARY AND FRINGE BENEFITS
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits include liberal annual leave; health, life, and disability insurance; defined benefit retirement plan; and 401(k) plan.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and references to:
Associate Executive Director Search Committee
c/o Sue Wigdorski, Executive Director
Idaho Education Association
PO Box 2638
Boise, ID 83701-2638
OR email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information call 208-344-1341 or 1-800-727-9922.